Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The top right rear burner control will not allow the burner

Customer Question

The top right rear burner control will not allow the burner to be activated or turned on all other controls function properly and ignite as they should. Is there a safety mechanism that stops the gas from being turned on or is the switch malfunctioning?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If the burner knob won't turn at all, then your gas valve has seized up for that burner. Unfortunately that valve attached to the knob needs to be ordered and replaced. Nothing else would stop the knob from turning, there is no safety mechanism that stops it form turning.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?