Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung refrigerator RFG297HD is displaying OF OF on the

Customer Question

Samsung refrigerator RFG297HD is displaying OF OF on the display and it does seem to not be cooling. I can find nothing in the manual about that. The temperature for the refrigerator is set on 34 and freezer is -6. I have the power freeze and power cool on. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your refrigerator today. When the display says OF OF it means your unit is in demo mode and the unit won't cool. So it's actually rather difficult to accidentally put the refrigerator into demo mode. This is a common way for the Samsung refrigerators to fail so it may not be able to be reset. To try to reset the issue, press and hold 2 buttons together. These two buttons are the POWER FREEZE and ENERGY SAVER mode buttons together for 5 seconds and that will exit demo mode. If it doesn't exit, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't work, you need a new display board because the display board has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?