Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a samsumg refrigerator model RS265TDRS. The fridge

Customer Question

I have a samsumg refrigerator model RS265TDRS . The fridge part is not getting cold. The temperature is 61. Before it was blinking but now iit show 61 at the screem . I tried to lower the temp down it does for 1 second and them go back to 61. Can you please help me
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years old and the model is RS265TDRS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fridge side number was blinking at the screen for few days. Now the temperature is 61 is no getting cold. I unplugged it couple times for 10 minutes , tried to lower down temp it does but after 1 released the screen button it goes back to 61. The freezer side is working well
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you please help me with it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How long is going to take for me to get an answer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Both sections have their own cooling system on this model. So, the issue is likely with air flow or a sealed system issue within the refrigerator's system. If you feel the rear wall in the refrigerator section, is it cold? Do you hear a fan running in the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The rear wall is not cold. I going to see is the fan is running.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fan is not working
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Can you remove the cover from the back of the refrigerator? If it is not cold back there, you have a sealed system issue that will require specialized tools and training to repair.