Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a induction top stove less than 2 years old and I did

Customer Question

I have a induction top stove less than 2 years old and I did buy the 5year extended warranty. the large burner in making a sound like it is surging. I just noticed it, don't think it did that before. Is this nornal? the outher burners don't seem to do it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

The large burner pulls more power than the rest so it will make a louder sort of high pitched humming/ringing sound when it's used and that is 100% normal. If you hear any zapping or sparking then that is not normal and you'll want to call your extended warranty company to look at the unit.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You do understand that it sounds like it is surging, right I understand it pulls more, but shouldn't it be a content not a surge?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

It's not constant because the unit heats up ON and OFF, there is no inbetween. To regulate the temperatures it will turn on for a few seconds and off for a few seconds depending on what temperature you have it set. If you set it to the highest setting then it's just ON and doesn't turn off so if it's surging on the highest setting then it shouldn't be doing that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
nope
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by "nope".