Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The left hand side heat indicator light iof my Maytag Gemini

Customer Question

The left hand side heat indicator light iof my Maytag Gemini range does not turn off.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was purchased in March 2004
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well, first I need to know what is wrong. I turned the electricity off but after turning it on, the light was still on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, the range and the oven work perfectly
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

The hot surface indicator illuminates when the sensor above one of the burners thinks the burner is too hot. This sensor is built into the burner itself and can't be replaced separately. The range will function normally without any problem without repairing the issue, but you won't know if you accidentally left the burner on or when the cooktop cools down if you don't replace the faulty burner. The burner is usually about $100-150 so it's up to you if you want to fix it or not, but the faulty burner would need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.