Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

A cold boiled egg was placed inside the oven, after a while,

Customer Question

A cold boiled egg was placed inside the oven for reheating, after a while, the egg was completely exploded. After cleaning up the oven space and pressed the power switch, the oven was dead. I checked its fuse that was O.K., but the oven still did not respond to anything. What else to be checked or replaced for the restoration? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If the microwave is dead, there is a fuse inside the microwave that can go bad if the the door rattles too bad. It would be located behind the control panel usually near the top of the microwave but that depends on the model number. If you're sure the microwave is getting power then you'd need to take the microwave apart and test the internal fuse and if the fuse is bad replace it. If the fuse tests good, then you need to replace the display control board because it is shorted.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.