John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I bought a Kenmore washer and dryer and I have learned that

Customer Question

I bought a Kenmore washer and dryer and I have learned that it is a lg product.
what I want to know is about the warning of it containing chemicals that cause cancer and reproductive harm. I want to know what potentially hazardous substance is in this product and what part of the product is it in. I also want to know how I or my family might be exposed to it. And does it cause cancer or reproductive harm. The models are Kenmore Steam Dryer model(###) ###-####(###) ###-####and Kenmore Elite front loading Automatic washer Model(###) ###-#### I want to know if I or my family am in danger in just touching the appliances as well, as it says wash hands after handling. It gives me the creeps to think that. Other washers and dryers give the warning about chemicals that can cause cancer being in there, but don't give the wash after handling warning in bold letters. Why do lg and Kenmore have that extra wording on theirs. Is there more danger in using these brands.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry this is JustAnswer you have contacted - we specialise in helping people repair their appliances and have no access to the manufacturing details of the product you refer to. I would suggest that you contact Kenmore Directly to glean the information you require. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.