Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The water pressure is low and the machine will not start the

Customer Question

The water pressure is low and the machine will not start the wash cycle.Is there a way to add water manually
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag centennial w10560153A. It is a little over 2 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It works if the pressure is high but I live in an area where the water pressure is reduced for conserving
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So unfortunately the washer fills up several times through the cycle so even if you pause the cycle and manually add water it'll fault out later in the cycle. The requirements for the washer are that the pressure must be over 60psi or it just won't work properly, there is no way around that for this washer I'm sorry to say. It has built into the control board that if it doesn't fill up in an adequate amount of time it'll shut the washer down and that's not logic you can remove. You may just need a different kind of washer for your situation.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will a water pump added to my water system help and what type.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

You can definitely do that. If you get an electric hyro pump you can definitely do that but you'd need to speak with a plumber to see what they recommend for your house and circumstances and such. The pumps usually run about $500-1000.