Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore elite dual fuel range, serial

Customer Question

Hello! I have a kenmore elite dual fuel range, serial #790-46819-991
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Make sure you still have 220 volts going to the oven. If you have a multimeter you'll want to pul the oven forward and remove the back sheet metal. Test power between the 2 outside power wires where the power cord comes into the back of the oven. You should have 220 volts. If not, then your house isn't getting 220 volts to the oven for some reason. The range top will still work but the oven won't heat with only 110 volts.

Now if you have 220 volts, look on the back of the oven for the device in the link below.

CLICK HERE for thermal fuse device

Unplug the oven and disconnect the wires to this thermostat fuse. Test continuity through the 2 terminals on the fuse and if there is no continuity, replace this thermostat fuse. This will cut the heat out to the elements as well.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.