Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a HE2t washer and dryer. I am getting 'orange stains'

Customer Question

I have a HE2t washer and dryer. I am getting 'orange stains' on clothes - white clothes as it is on them that it is noticeable. The stains are as small as a pin head and as large as a dime. I haven't been able to figure out if it is coming from the washer or the dryer. Any idea as to what could cause this. The machines are about 9 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

You'll need to figure out exactly what machine the stains are coming from whether it's the washer or the dryer because both machines can cause this issue. If it's coming from the dryer, then it's coming from either the front felt seal where the drum is supported by the front door frame. The felt can wear down and turn into a rust color and get on the clothes.

If it's coming from the washer, then run a cycle with Washer Magic to clean out the washer tub. Wipe out the front gasket area for any kind of build up using a towel and 10% bleach. Then you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.