Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Thermador refrigrigerator model T30IR800SP/12. It

Customer Question

I have a Thermador refrigrigerator model T30IR800SP/12. It is 2 years old. The light is on but it is not cold at all. The led screen at the top is showing E20.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi I'm Ezekiel I will be helping you today are you available

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi I'm trying to get the error code solution one second please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm sure it would be easier to talk but I don't want to pay another $24 added to the $37.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi I'm trying to locate any error 20 on this unit and its not coming up

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

it sounds like your display board is not turning the compressor on but I need to be sure

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How can you be sure? And what if it's not? I don't want to spend over $60 to find out I need a repairman.
Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

hi I'm sorry but you are better off getting a repairman as e20 does not come up ive gone to 5 sites its best for you I wish you the best of luck .

Expert:  Ezekiel replied 5 months ago.

good luck

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

The E20 error display means the temperature sensor needs to be replaced. Its part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $28.55. You can buy it at www.repairclinic.com. Replacement help is available at the website.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Ok since I work on Thermador units and am factory trained, the code is a communication error between the CPM and DOM boards...this is a more complicated error and you may want to get a tech out, but normally that is a bad main CPM unit on the refrigerator. SEE ATTACHED CODE FROM THE SERVICE MANUAL BELOW.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Answer:

CLICK HERE

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Do you need any more help with your refrigerator problem?

I wanted to not the CPM is the main Processor board and the DOM is the Display module board, just so you are aware