Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Model number is mtw6600tq1, We are trying to get the inside

Customer Question

Model number is *****
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: We are trying to get the inside piece out so we can pull out the tub to get to the pump
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are in the middle of it yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It had an ld code and wouldn't spin or drain
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: May tag bravo
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a long drain code, either the pump is bad or blocked. Tip the unit against the wall about 45 degrees if possible and remove the pump and check it for blockages. If the pump is blocked or something is jammed in it that will happen. Check the impeller for blockages or damage and if all is clear you will need a new pump most likely. Lastly check the wiring to the pump for any breaks or damage, but here is a link to the pump for you and a video to help you install it or remove the old one.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We can not get the center piece out and we have removed the bolt. Does the washer have to be tilted to accomplish this?

You do not have to remove the center agitator at all to get to the pump, you have to tip the unit against the wall to get at the pump