Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Side by side refridge model KSCS23FTSS01 -we moved it from

Customer Question

side by side refridge model KSCS23FTSS01
-we moved it from one place to another, this location does not have water hooked up so we are not using the icemaker.
Freezer works fine, but the ridge side keeps jumping from 34 degrees to 56-57 almost randomly. We reset to max cool, gets cool, and then hours or a day later it is registering 56.We are not trusting our food anymore.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

When it gets warm is the compressor working and does it every go back down to temp on its own?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
compressor is working, and it never goes back on its own that we know of

OK so are you defrosting it or do you have frost build up in the freezers back panel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we are not defrosting it- how or where do we look for this frost build up? Do we have to get behind the refridgerator?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there is no evidence of frost build up inside the refridge either side

Ok is anything hot like the frame?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you mean the outside? Sides or door?

The frame between the doors

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i will check

OK thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is not as cold on the top interior wall (between refridge and freezer) as it is in the middle or bottom. But I would not call it warm. I just reset it to max cold a couple hours ago and it is still registering 34 degrees

So now everything is back to normal temps?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have done this now about 10 times in the last week. Reset it to 34 either with max cool or regular settings and within a few hours or a day I go to open it and it is registering either 56 or 57. We only go into it about three times a day since it is the spare fridge. It is about half full of food. We have had food (milk) go bad. It keeps jumping up irradically. I am now timing it, but I am going to bed shortly.

OK the board that was changed and rebuilt is likely causing this...Core Centrics boards I have little success with and I would say based on the issue is still causing this whole issue. I personally rebuild these as I don't trust there rebuilds.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what can I do???

I would buy a board off ebay for it or send the board back in to Core centrics tell them it does not work

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are the ebay boards reliable? If i send thidds one back I will not have a working refridge for awhile

Yes they are usually good and I would do it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you tell me the board part number for this refridge? There are several on ebay and I don't know which to buy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Kitchenaid / Whirlpool Refrigeration Control Board W10504417would this work?

No you need this

CLICK HERE