Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Cm200 Right side burners and dwndrft vent do not work. Left

Customer Question

Cm200
Right side burners and dwndrft vent do not work. Left side burners both work. Looks like electrical, but what and where
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Since the wiring for both the switches that control the burners and the fan are wired in a same circuit, I suspect that a common wire in that circuit has come loose or has burnt or otherwise failed. Are you able to turn the breaker off to inspect the wiring and post some pictures so I can see what you see?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have not yet, but will today and photo the area and send to you
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

That would be great, thank you! Be sure to turn the breaker off before any disassembly!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
any diagrams available to access that area,
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The cook top will need to be lifted from the counter and the screws from around the outer lip removed so the top may be raised to access the switches.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay figured that much. Will work that project today after work. Will forwd you photos and ques. later
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Working on the stove top today.Will forward u what I discover. I think it's a short as you stated but where and what is what I'll find. sorry for the delay
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

No worries, thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry working on it today due to other issues. hope I still can have your assistance today
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

I will be in and out today but will respond as I am able, thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly...removed top and trim. found the dwndrft switch faulty. would not go off. unplugged the switch but it also disconnected right side burner. Volt tested with fan on and it worked. discon fan switch and burner shut off...that's why burner didn't work.strange. So only need to find a replacement switch. part #Y2510A
saved bucks by doing it myself. thanks. ..know where I can get old parts?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

That switch has been a long time unavailable as new, unfortunately. However, the company below has 45+ years worth of appliance recycling and reconditioning and may have one.

Good Stuff

***-***-****

***-***-****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Order 2 new female plug relays from Jenn Air for both sides of burner, even tho they look okay, it's been at least 19 years.
When attaching electric bbq coil, I got a short circuit spark from the unit so I'm assuming the the bbq burner is bad too. Can not seem to find that replacement burner yet.
Everything's off and waiting for parts but still cannot also find that downdraft fan variable switch yet.
Any ideas on the easiest way to reattach the cooktop back to the steel trim, since the cooktops so heavy and it floats until you reattach all the trim screws
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The switch will only be available used. Any luck with the company I sent you information for above?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No answer from both will try again
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** posted.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Finished repair, but could not find replacememt regulator for dwndrft vent switch. So I had to disc plug to fan because it would always stay on. Need to find an alternative since the switch regulator is no more in production
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

No response from the company I sent you contact info for?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

That is odd. I will keep looking to see what I can find.