Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I've just change the nges on my RSD-30 oven door, and are

Customer Question

I've just change the hinges on my RSD-30 oven door, and are having trouble getting the door to lower to fully open from the 45 degree position.
((The new hinges are identical to the old ones, by the way))
When I finally get the door to the horizontal position, the hinges remain tightly "locked and the locking lever can't be moved.
What might be to problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 months ago.

Try loosening the hinge hold down screws just enough to allow the hinges to align themselves, then tighten them again. You may need a 90 degree screwdriver.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

When this happens what you often need to do is actually get a small wedge block for each hinge and extend the hinges further beyond the small holding clips with a channel locks and wedge the block in the hinge on the door so basically the hinge is extended further then it currently is with the locks...then the door will seat in the sockets nice. You can then open the door remove your wedges flip the two locks back.This happens a lot and I do these all the time for that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!