Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Refrigerator is not cooling down. Put thermometer in and it

Customer Question

Refrigerator is not cooling down. Put thermometer in and it is holding steady at 60 degrees. Reset the Turbo and still will not cool down. It is making ice though, not sure whether ice with freezer cooling or not. Also where do I go to check on the warranty for my unit. We have had warranty since new but can't find paperwork..
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It is the Profile stainless with lower freezer and double doors on top with ice maker.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, that is why I need to know if my warranty is still good. A tech from St. Joseph Mo. has worked on it before but not with this problem.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Where do I find the warranty info.?? Think we still have it under warranty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 10 months ago.

Inspect the condenser coil radiator and air fan for a layer of lint blocking the air flow through it. Vacuum any debris you find, and make sure the fan blade turns, when the compressor runs. Give the fridge at couple of hours to cool down. If the problem persists, please send me the model number.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response, when we finish this discussion. I'm not paid, until you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

You likely have an air flow issue, either caused by frost building up or a fan that is not working.

• Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  • Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
  • May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?