Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE induction range PHB920SF1SS 2 years old keeps shutting

Customer Question

GE induction range PHB920SF1SS 2 years old keeps shutting down and can be restarted by throwing the main electrical breaker. We have checked the main power and connection and they seem in order. We have tried to get fault codes that will help and all that comes up is F-cd and by punching the nos. we get 1. AAA3AAA 2.FA90 3.FA90 4. F311. The repair person seemed at a loss as to were to start. Help!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

F-cd means that your previous fault code was reset which is an issue with the control board if it's resetting the erros on it's own. All you can really do is check the wiring to the main control board and make sure nothing is loose and everything is securely plugged in. If that all checks good and resetting power won't reset the issue, the main control board for your range would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.