Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool ice machine model GI15NDXXB which I

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool ice machine model GI15NDXXB which I purchased in Nov 2012. The only thing I had noticed in past few days was when open door the light would flicker but it was making ice normally. Today there is no sign of any power coming to the machine. No lights nothing electrical seems to be working. I have checked the power sources wall plug circuit panel and all checked normal.What is the first thing I should do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

If you have no signs of life at all, either your control board has failed, or the drain pump isn't draining the water properly. You'll need to pull the ice machine out and remove the back access panel. The ice machine actually plugs into the drain pump and then the pump plugs into your wall outlet on your house. Unplug the pump, then unplug the icemachine from the pump. Plug the ice machine directly into the wall outlet and if the unit turns on, unplug it right away and make sure the drain hose isn't kinked. If your drain hose isn't blocked or kinked, the drain pump will need to be replaced before you can use your ice machine again.

Now if the ice machine doesn't turn on when you plug it directly into the house outlet, you need to order and replace the main control board in the ceiling of the ice machine.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.