Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a gas jenn air range 2012 model. the problem is the

Customer Question

i have a gas jenn air range 2012 model . the problem is the front right burner, the flame is damaging the glass around the burner. PCRichards Enfield,Ct teck said it's cosmetic not a defect.and refuses to replace the glass top Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Unfortunately that is correct, the flame does often discolor the porcelain top and they will not cover it. This is the design on the sealed burner tops and there really is not much that can be done about it. The tops typically will look good at first but within a few years of use turn brown around the edges by the burner on the top...sorry for the news but they will not do anything for you especially at 4 years old.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!