Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Have kebi200bbl selectra 30 double oven kitchen aid went to

Customer Question

have kebi200bbl selectra 30 double oven kitchen aid went to self clean now wont open serial number xd3801022 model number kebi200bbl
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 16
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hoping
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: kitchen aid wont do anything no number to old need to open door latch is stuck
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. Ok so it sounds like your door latch may have failed. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it release. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.

Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.