Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Just got to our condo in FL. Plugged in our GE CSCP5UGXCFSS

Customer Question

Just got to our condo in FL. Plugged in our GE CSCP5UGXCFSS and it is not getting cold. After about 3 hours, unplugged and let sit for 5 minutes and replugged it in. let it run overnight. Still no cold. Ice reads 50 degrees from front display. Is there any troubleshooting I can do from the front panel? Frig is only 3 years old and unplugged when we are not here for long periods of time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You should check and see if the compressor is running behind the unit and if the fans are running. If they are all running and nothing is cooling the unit may be out of freon and may have leaked out while sitting. That will be a major repair and you will need a tech for that.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!