Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Refrig and freezer stopped working were is the reset butoon,

Customer Question

refrig and freezer stopped working were is the reset butoon
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: model kfis25xvms2 k01391132 yes all settings r ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ice maker stopped too
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Can you explain what you mean by "stopped working"? Are there any lights? Do you hear it running? Is either the refrigerator or freezing cooling at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it runns all lights and settings say there set
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If you hear it running and it's just not cooling you have a sealed system issue. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.