Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have an lg refrigerator model lmc25780al. The refrigerator

Customer Question

i have an lg refrigerator model lmc25780al. The refrigerator stopped cooling but freezer works.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Often this is caused by a defrost issue check the evaporator in the freezer section behind the rear panel. If that is all frosted up air will not be able to flow into the refrigerator section and cool. Check that first and see.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nothing is frosted up

OK is the freezer fan working and are you getting air flow to the vents in the refrigerator?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Freezer is working but refrig is completely dead. No fans, nothing.

Ok try to unplug the unit for a full a minute and plug it back in see if the refrigerator comes back on