Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Power went out, now the refrigerator won't stop beeping now

Customer Question

Power went out, now the refrigerator won't stop beeping now that power is restored. Panel says freezer is at maximum of 19 degrees. How do I stop the beeping?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You can try to turn the power off to the unit for a full minute, if it continues to beep see if it starts to cool the temp alarm may be on if the temp is too high. If it does not go away after cooling down the board was damaged on the unit and will need to be replaced.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!