Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The washer just keeps going and does not finish, Mag tag

Customer Question

The washer just keeps going and does not finish
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Mag tag Neptune front load
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes it is running now and just keeps going to different times to zero but never ends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do not think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately the part that controls the washer's advancement is the motor control board mounted to the floor below the tub. The motor control board will tell the washer when to advance from one cycle to the next and when to end th entire washer and shut it down. It sounds like it's not functioning properly so you'll need to order and replace the motor control board to resolve the issue if unplugging the washer for 5 minutes won't reset the board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.