John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I was canning beets on my stove and the button board on the

Customer Question

I was canning beets on my stove and the button board on the front warped. I ordered the parts and the one I need has been discontinued the stove is only about 10 years old. My house has only GE Appliances. I now have to buy a new stove. Can't find the part. Went on line to (3) GE Appliance official sites: E bay: Called GE dealers where I live All same results. I have replaced the control board I'am now on board # *****; (Power surges) I went to all the power outlets replaced with surge protectors outlets. When you buy GE; it goes bad; You throw appliance away. My main question is; (I need a new gas stove) will the parts for a new stove it be discontinue after a few years. I keep my vehicles for about 20 years why not Appliances.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the complete make and model off the tag on the frame of the unit? Normally the model number is ***** a tag on the frame edge when you open the door or back edge of a console.