Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

We would like to use IRON OUT in our washing machine. The

Customer Question

We would like to use IRON OUT in our washing machine. The directions on the Iron Out
bottle says to put in 1/2 cup iron out, fill the machine with warm water, put in clothes, and let stand for 5 minutes. I don't know how I can have the washer set for 5 minutes. What would you suggest I do? I washer will start dashing when its filled or if the lid is up the water drains out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. I think the reason they say that is to give it time to dissolve. You can resolve this by adding it to a gallon or more of water and after it is blended in pour that in the washer and let it run the cycle.

Can I help you with something else? Do you still need help?