Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

PEB2060sm1SS Microwave wont heat. makes a slzzle sound

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your microwave today. That sizzling noise you get is the magnetron arcing out. Unfortunately the magnetron which is the part that produces the microwaves to heat the food is shorting out and needs to be replaced. That is why the unit isn't heating anymore as well. The part costs about $100 and the microwave will need to be completely uninstalled and the outer shell removed to access and replace the part. Below is a link to the magnetron.

CLICK HERE for magnetron

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.