Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Where do the wires go to from the water solinoid to on a

Customer Question

Where do the wires go to from the water solinoid to on a kenmore elite ultra wash dishwasher model(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

The wires go to the 2 different parts. One wire comes from the float switch which is in the front right corner of the dishwasher below the tub. This cuts out the power to the valve if the float is in the up position because the dishwasher thinks the water level is already too high. The other wire goes directly up into the door and to the main control board. So if your solenoid isn't getting power then you'd need to make sure the float switch was good and the float wasn't stuck in the up position. If that all checks good then replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.