Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Range oven door malfunction. Will not stay in broil position

Customer Question

Range oven door malfunction. Will not stay in broil position and drops to full open position from the top. Range 14 months old. Bought with Carrington E'Scapes CondoModel # *****
Serial #FD665081PLocation #321,*****SW, Edmonton, AB T6W 2C2
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. This particular model doesn't have a broil position. The door must be closed even when broiling which can affect the broiling performance but it's necessary to meet regulation so that the oven can vent properly and keep the door cool internally. Cracking the door open will ruin the air flow and control board can over heat and such. It's just how the oven is designed but nothing is wrong with it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.