Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Just purchased a JGB660SEJSS gas range/cooktop. When we used

Customer Question

Just purchased a JGB660SEJSS gas range/cooktop. When we used the oven for the first time an excessive amount of heat was coming up through the large oval burner on the
cooktop. Is this normal, or is something wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your oven today. The heat that comes out the burner is completely normal. There is a vent at the top of the oven cavity to help regulate the heat properly so all the heat doesn't just rise and sit at the top of the oven while the bottom of the oven cools down. It's located near the oval burner below the cooktop so that is why the heat comes out through the oval burner mostly. This is completely normal and nothing to worry about.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.