Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Regarding Viking Range VGSC306 - purchased used. Front

Customer Question

Regarding Viking Range VGSC306 - purchased used. Front burners work as expected. However, there is no gas flow to the rear burners. Spark ignitors seem to work as expected but there is no gas to ignite. Also, oven lights (about halfway) and then shuts off. Tries to re-ignite shortly after. Thinking maybe the ignitor is too far away from the burner. Tried to schedule a repairman to come and fix it but we're located in a rural area.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The rear burners are like clogged, check the orifices on them as there is nothing that would stop gas flow to them when turned on other than a orifice blockage or possibly a bad valve. The oven may just need a cleaning on the electrode. The flame sensor electrode should be cleaned with some fine sand paper. It may be just corroded a bit or dirty then that will happen. Those things should get you back working again.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!