Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Our subzero 736TC freezer seems to be leaking some water and

Customer Question

hi, our subzero 736TC freezer seems to be leaking some water and not cooling at all.. help!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years, model 736TC
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe, if its easy...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no... i did clean the air intake, there was a lot of cat hair!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Where is the water leaking from and is the compressor running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the fridge part is working, the compressor seems to be working, but i hear the fan come on and after 30 seconds it stops. can't tell where water is coming from but it's at the bottom of the freezer section

The fan in the freezer is stopping? Check the large compressor to see if that is running

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how do i do that?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry - i have to leave the house. will take up this conversation again as soon as i can. thanks.

Get to the compressor area and you will see both the small compressor for the refrigerator and the large one for the problem

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!