Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Sd code, took top portion apart cleaned all out to bottom.

Customer Question

Sd code, took top portion apart cleaned all out to bottom. Still got sd code... took pump out nothing in pump, not any water except few drops, why would I still be getting sd code. May tag bravos
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Week, seems to be draining but doesn't spin all water out of clothes, changed pump out three years ago.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't like these new washers, the one I had before my house burned down was hand me down I used 15 years and no problems.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a SLOW DRAIN code, is the unit sudsing up and does it pump the water out fast? The pump impellers often give issues on that unit or a coin could be partially blocking the intake port to the pump. You should remove the inner basket and check the entire inner prefilter for a blockage I find coins and sometimes clothing on the prefilter causing that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No suds, and pump had no water or obstruction in it, no visible damage, it's draining.

Check the outer tub, can you remove the inner basket on the unit to check it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My first note I stated took inside apart cleaned any obstruction, second took pump out clean and clear... put all back together, ran rinse and spin ,24 min cycle when it got to 8 minutes stay on 8 minute cycle for 10 minutes or longer I stopped washer at this point worrying something was going to burn up drained fine, but at 8 minutes washer is supposed to spin, it didn't acted like slow agitation, never would spin, after 10
Minutes I turned off!

Have you blown through the pressure tube to see if it is clear?