Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Bosch axis front loading clothes washing machine.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch axis front loading clothes washing machine. It will not work with hot water cycle. Works fine with cold water. Plumber came and hot water valve is working fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Does it just not fill with hot water?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It seems to start filling and after about a second or two it just stop and then there is a low humming sound - it it is trying to do something.

That is the hot water valve in the unit, it is bad and needs to be changed. You can remove the hot water hose to it and check the inlet screen to the valve to see if it is blocked up. If it is you can clean it but replace the hot water valve inside the unit to fix this issue permanently. You can order a hot water valve from SEARSPARTSDIRECT.COM with the complete model number.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!