Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The refrigerator and the freezer both are working but the

Customer Question

The refrigerator and the freezer both are working but the lights in the refrigerator do not go on when the door is opened. The bulbs are good and have been checked in a lamp. Can you tell how to fix this issue?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Kitchenaid KTRC19K/KTRC19M aproximately 10 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Thanks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is the only problem---hopefully!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Could be several things, the first and most common is the door switch on the refrigerator is bad, its the switch the door hits when it closes. You can check the switch with a meter if you would like to test it. The switch just pops out.

Refrigerator Light Switch

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

If the switch is good, either the wiring to the light assembly is bad or the assembly is bad

Refrigerator Light Socket

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

The socket is listed as part number 8 in the diagram to give you an idea of where its located, its in the control panel of the refrigerator - click here for diagram

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.