Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a new Samsung DV50K7500E. I was taken aback when it

Customer Question

I have a new Samsung DV50K7500E. I was taken aback when it was not 220, but 110. I had a couple of towels and some cleaning rags (very small load) and ran the dryer for two hours and they were "basically" dry. I checked the vent on the outside of the house to see if it "blew open" while the dryer was running and it was maybe open a 1/4 of the way compared to my old 220 dryer that blew the vent door open about 2-2 1/2 inches. I cleaned the duct work out with a lint eater brush and flex rods before I installed the dryer. Unfortunately, the crappy floor plan of this house (18 years old) requires the dryer vent to run up inside the wall of the laundry room (VERY small) about 9' then elbowed, across the top of the kitchen ceiling and out. I'd say at least 15' of duct work and probably closer to 20'.
I guess my question is whether or not this is considered "normal". Should it take this long to dry a couple of towels and some cleaning rags, and is there not enough force to blow the outside vent open because it's a 110 instead of a 220 dryer? Your thoughts?
Thank you
Vicki deWaide
Coto de Caza, Ca
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

That model requires 240 VAC, not 120. I suspect you got shipped the gas version. Can you check the model number on the tag of the dryer behind the door, please?