Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Frigidaire model FRA124MT1 lights go off every time I

Customer Question

good day, my Frigidaire model FRA124MT1 lights go off every time I throw the breaker on.
the outlet works with anything I plug into the outlet . but every time I plug in the AC, it lights up the digital screen for 1 second then it turs off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Did you bend the prongs on the cord to fit the outlet?

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

That air conditioner is designed to work in a 230 volt outlet, not a standard outlet. You likely have damaged it plugging it into a standard outlet. You will need to get a unit that works on 120 volts. Do not bend the cord terminals to fit the outlet, that means it is a 230 volt unit.

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!