Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

Our GE Monogram refrigerator has started cooling below 32

Customer Question

Our GE Monogram refrigerator has started cooling below 32 degrees F.; we have tried to set the temp higher to no avail. The motor is making more noise than usual. Is there anything we can try to fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Its making noise because its running too long and getting hot because the unit is not cycling on and off properly which is why its freezing stuff in the refrigerator. Those units use electronics to control the temperatures in the unit. Temperature sensors send resistances back to the control board based on the temps in the unit and the control board turns the unit on and off accordingly. When the the sensors/thermistors go bad they do not send the proper readings back to the board so it does not cycle right. If you give me the model number of the unit I will be glad to give you the replacement part numbers for the thermistors/sensors. Thanks.

In the meantime:

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?