John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Mid- the stove & oven quit heating and displays error code

Customer Question

Mid-cook the stove & oven quit heating and displays error code F9E0. I tried unplugging, waited over 30 min and replugged. It immediately displayed time and defaulted back to the error code. Weather here has been wild and my microwave died, fridge quit making ice and water was fouled for a day. Any thoughts? -Holly
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Fridge and range are both 4-5 yrs old. Fridge is also a Whirlpool, can't find a model # ***** it's a side by side with bottom freezer. Not cheap.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Would prefer to. I work on med. Lab equipment. But wrestling the (loaded) fridge out to access the back may not be possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is my anger justified? Gotta fix pasta today.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

May I please have your range's model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can't find owners manual, probably in a"safe place". Is there a place on the unit for info?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The model tag is likely behind the drawer, on the frame of the range.