Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I replaced water filter and ever since ice maker and water

Customer Question

I replaced water filter and ever since ice maker and water not working. the red light on door saying replace filter will not go away
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

• When the filter is changed, you need to purge the air by holding the water dispenser lever open for several minutes. Did you do this?
  • To reset the filter light: Press and hold the Dispenser Light and Lock key pads on the dispenser control panel for 3 seconds until the light flashes. At this point, release the keys and the control will be reset for another 12 months or 416 gallons.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After replacing filter I did have water and ice maker was putting out not full cubes that we're watery the ice maker is making noise like it's trying to draw water I will try to reset and purge water line again right now
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Okay, did you run a couple gallons of water through the new filter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I ran several gallons on initial filter swap , resetting of light did not work
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Did the light flash when you pressed and held the keys?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No lights didn't flash I held them for longer than 3 seconds. This whole ordeal started when red to change filter came on and I swapped filter out
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Unplug the refrigerator for ta least 15 minutes to reset all of the controls. Will the light reset after plugging back in?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ten for starting 15 minutes now
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After more than fifteen minutes nothing has changed
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Is the control lock on the dispenser panel?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Turn that lock off and then reset the filter light. The dispenser lock must be off to reset the filter.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It has been unlocked while I have trying
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Okay, then the control is faulty. That would not cause the ice maker to not work, though. Is it making ice and just won't dispense?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No not making ice no water going to door either
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

So the issue is with the water supply, maybe the lines is frozen at the filter, filter is bad or the filter head is faulty. Will it dispense with the old filter in place?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I took filter out and set it in the sun the old filter is long gone water supply going to fridge is tapped into hot water line
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Sounds like the filter head may be faulty.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Should get another filter or is the filter head on the fridge it's self
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The filter head is the part that the filter is turned on to. You could try another filter and then replace the filter head if it does not work.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did this, I removed filter put a cup under were filter was pushed button to call for water and flowed into cup so water is getting to filter
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

So the head or the filter is faulty.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's like 100 degrees here in Charlotte it won't take long for filter to thaw if it's frozen I let you know in a little bit do you know the part number for filter head
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I sent the link directly to it above. It is below now, too.

CLICK HERE