Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How do I unlock the oven door of my 30inch Kenmore slide in

Customer Question

How do I unlock the oven door of my 30inch Kenmore slide in range
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Kenmore elite is 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't have the model number
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

You can try to set it into self clean for about 30 seconds then cancel it, if that does not work shut the power off to the unit for a full minute and turn it back on. If that still does not open the door you would have to manually open it. You would need a piece of flexible metal or plastic to put in between the door and frame and slide it typically to the left to hit the latch hook then push it further left or possibly right to get the door to open. If you have to do that to get it to open you likely have a failed latch motor assembly on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!