Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

GETTING A t5 code on my Samsung dryer, guessing about 6

Customer Question

GETTING A t5 code on my Samsung dryer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: guessing about 6 years old....DV317AEG/XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not sure
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That means the thermister is reading out of range. The thermister is mounted on the blower housing. You need to take apart the unit and check the resistance on it. You should measure around 10K ohms (10,000 ohms) at room temperature (77 degrees F). If it is way out of range replace it, if not check the wiring to the board and replace the board. It is part #10 at this link.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!