Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE bottom freezer refrigerator pfs22sisbis refrig warm,

Customer Question

GE bottom freezer refrigerator pfs22sisbis refrig warm, freezer cold. How do I check to see if there is ice blocking the air circulating from freezer to refrig
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Remove the freezer drawer and remove the back panel in the freezer to check the evaporator for excessive frosting. If there is defrost it and check the heater and defrost thermostat for continuity and replace either if they are burned out. If both are good you likely then have a defrost control issue. You can defrost the unit to get it all running for at least 3 days if you can not do the repair and need to get a tech out just so you are aware.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!