Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The bake igniter wont glow...just replaced it, just today,

Customer Question

The bake igniter wont glow...just replaced it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when I was pulling molex for igniter up into oven...it sparked
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag MGR5870ADW roughly 17 yrs old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First go turn off the breaker and flip it back on its possible you threw the breaker when it sparked and just dont have power to the range. If you have power you need to check to see if you are getting voltage to the igniter when you start bake, if not then you blew the bake relay on the board and will have to replace it. Always unplug the unit before changing out a part or you run that risk, not to mention getting shocked. The part number for the control is 74003838 but the board is no longer being made so you have to send it in to have it rebuilt, you cant buy new ones anymore. You can send it here if it needs to be rebuilt - click here

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?