Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Freezer up, fridge down. Freezer works, fridge does not.

Customer Question

Freezer up, fridge down. Freezer works, fridge does not. Please tell me a couple of things I might look for to ID the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

First, inspect the condenser coil radiator for a layer of lint blocking the air flow through it. Remove any debris you find. Make sure the air fan is turning. Give the fridge a couple of hours to cool down. If this does not solve the problem, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response, when we finish our discussion. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

You have an air flow issue in the freezer. Either the evaporator fan motor is not running or there is a frost blockage at the evaporator coil.

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
  3. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?