Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My f&p us 08 dryer will not power on. I have already checked

Customer Question

My f&p us 08 dryer will not power on. I have already checked the circuit breaker.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes - it has been unplugged for over 24 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would like to know if there is a reset or fuse and where it is located
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Is there an error display? Will you please send me the model number and product code? Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
model DE08-US2
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ser GH751525A
This model does not have an error display
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Push the door switch button with your finger, and listen for the switch clicking on and off. If you don't hear it, replace the door switch. It's part number is(###) ###-#### ***** its price is $14.89. You can buy it at If you hear the switch clicking, please let me know.

Using the expert's star rating scale, please click the star that expresses your satisfaction with my response, when we find our discussion. I'm not paid, unless you rate my service to you.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope - switch button is silent
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

You can get the dryer to operate, while you are waiting for the new switch, by connecting the two switch wires. The drum won't stop, when you open the door, but it should dry your clothes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is not the switch
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

If pushing the switch knob results in no clicking sound, it's usually faulty. What tells you it's not a door switch problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Husband said he could hear/ feel the swiych
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
While the dryer was running - it was opened to pull something out- the door was shut and it never started again
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Which is why I am thinking fuse/ reset
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

There's a resettable thermostat in the washer. For a photo of it, along with the part number and price, go to, and type the words 'fisher paykel dryer parts' into the search box, then scroll down the parts offered.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is a dryet
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is the access?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Does it have a fuse?
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for the typo. The thermostat is reset by pushing the red button in, until you hear it click. It is wired into the power wire for the heat element. If you remove the front panel, and trace the wires you should find it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is it in the back or the door, or does the drum have to come out?
Expert:  John replied 3 months ago.

The drum does not need to be removed. It will be mounted in the area underneath the drum, and near the heat element.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If the machine is totally dead and the door switch is okay, the high limit thermal fuse may have opened. That fuse is number 5 in the diagram at the link below.

This machine is actually made by GE and branded with the Fisher Paykel name. Access to that fuse is gained by opening the door and removing the screws at the top of the opening. Once removed, the top panel will lift up and pull forward for removal. The fuse is a non-resettable type and mounted on the top of the element housing behind the drum.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!