Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

KitchenAid Gas Range Model KGSS, I used self-clean function

Customer Question

KitchenAid Gas Range Model KGSS
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I used self-clean function yesterday. At conclusion, Error Code F5EO displayed and oven light remained on.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Today oven will not heat.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sorry. I was using Return key between sentences. The issue is the oven will not heat in regular or convection mode. Light remains on. Gas burners light.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oven is 6 or 7 years old. Model is KitchenAid KGSS907.
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error code means the door latch and door switch do not agree on the position of the door. First try killing power at the breaker for a few minutes restore power and see if you still have the error, if so you have a component failure. You will need to follow the troubleshooting on page 5 under the F5 E0 error to figure out what is at fault, I have uploaded the tech data sheet for you to my google drive it is linked below. Follow the troubleshooting and you will find out what is at fault.

click here to open/download tech data sheet

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: The only way I get compensated for my time helping you is if you rate the answer!

We are on the honor system here. Since I have given you the initial answer please rate/vote by selecting a star at the top of the screen and any follow up questions you may have will be free of charge and of course I will continue to help if needed.

Rating me will does not affect what you agreed to pay for the question and will not have any affect on what you have already been billed for unless you request a phone call.

Feel free to get back to me with any questions you may have but in the meantime I would appreciate you going ahead and rating the answer as this is the only way I get compensated for my time, thanks!

After you have rated/voted the answer you will be sent an email with a link that will allow you to get back to me for any follow up questions free of charge it will not close the question.

Please Know: I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. I am just a technician on the site that is here to help assist you and have nothing to do with billing.

NOTE PLEASE READ:

When you rate/vote my answer you have to click on the star vote/rate system at the top of your screen. Typing I give you a 5 star rating in a message does absolutely nothing to help me you have to click on the rating system.

Thank You!

Tips are not expected but are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?