John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dryer wont start. I took it apart to clean the air vent

Customer Question

My dryer wont start. I took it apart to clean the air vent and then put it back together. It wasn't heating properly that why I cleaned it. Now it doesn't start. I replaced two thermals and it still not working. Also check heating element for continuity. all good. I am frustrated and confused.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch WTMC3321US/03
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I try to start it all I hear is a click.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

There is a belt switch on the motor bracket. Is that switch in tact and the belt on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Does the control click when you start a cycle, even though the motor does not start?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

So the control is seeing the door switch circuit open. Did you reconnect the door switch wires?