Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a subzero 632 ice maker not working. bought an after

Customer Question

I have a subzero 632 ice maker not working. bought an after market replacement ice maker. installed it and still no cubes. how do I check valve and how do I check to make sure plug in cord is good
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 632
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible. I had a technician come out and he told me I need a new ice maker. so, I bought after market one, connected it, and still not working. ?bad part
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how do i check ice maker i bought. if it doesn't work where can i buy another?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The easiest way to test an ice maker is to manually fill it and see if the cubes drop in a few hours, If they do but it doe snot fill back up, check water line and replace water valve if found to be clear.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my unit is built in and i cant get to the back. i have a volt meter and would like to check the electronics to isolate where the problem is. i know how to unscrew things and use a volt meter but beyond that i don't have much experience. i have already confirmed the tray is not moving
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

How have you confirmed the ice maker is not harvesting?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already confirmed that there that the ice maker is not rotating. i would like to confirm if it is getting powered
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Kelly? are u there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks for your help.